Live your body, differently
After 13 years working in financial markets in London and in the luxury goods sector in Paris, I decided to take a “break” after moving to Geneva to take care of my young children.
But 13 years spent in high heels and sitting at a desk 10 hours a day as well as 2 complicated pregnancies had left their mark: my body was ravaged. It might not have shown, but I could feel it. And I was not yet 40 years old, with maybe 50 years left to live!
Body And Life Transformed
Pilates changed how I stood, how I walked, how I slept. It had an impact on my body, my mind and my well-being.
- I lost weight.
- I could remain standing in a museum or a concert for 2 hours with no lower back pain
- I rediscovered my youth… not external youth (the wrinkles are there!) but internal youth: freedom of movement; lightness on my feet; inner strength; a body that could move and look after itself.
- I learned to control my body, my mind, my breathing and my appetite.
- I learned to move with fluidity and lightness.
- In my late 30’s, I had discovered a new passion!
What More Could I Want?
Change of career
After initial training in Switzerland, Murielle continued her Pilates studies in the USA with two Master Teachers, Kathy Corey and Lolita San Miguel – the latter having been certified by Joseph Pilates in person in the 1960’s.
Murielle has also specialized in pre-post natal program as well as the treatment through Pilates of several back conditions, especially scoliosis, herniated discs, spina bifida (occulta) and osteoporosis. She has also followed a specific program developed by Kathy Corey in collaboration with specialists at the San Diego Hospital to help people with breast cancer return to physical activity. She has completed two theses: on the introduction of Pilates movements to improve mobility of people with spina bifida ; and on Pilates-based training programs for competitive swimmers.
June 2017: Murielle successfully completed the KCP Mentor Program for Postgraduate Education with Master Teacher Kathy Corey. This comprised 200 hours of teaching and the presentation of a thesis (on Pilates and competitive swimmers). Kathy is recognized as one of the world’s foremost and influential Pilates figures, with a 40-year career.
• The CORE Band® Certificate, authorizing her to teach the Official Kathy Corey Pilates CORE Band® Program.
• The CORE Band® Certificate for Certifying Teacher and Administer, authorizing her to teach and certify Pilates instructors in the official Kathy Corey Pilates CORE Band® Program.
January 2018: Murielle completed the Pilates C.A.R.E.S. Cancer Awareness and Recovery Exercise System, again with Master Teacher Kathy Corey. The System addresses the convalescence through Pilates of breast cancer patients.
- Trigger Point Performance Therapy, Switzerland
- Booty BARRE workshop with Tracey Mallett, Fort Lauderdale, USA
- Pilates Method Alliance Congress, Fort Lauderdale, USA
- Pilates for Anti-aging Back (Master Teacher Kathy Corey)
- Pilates for Arthritis (Master Teacher Kathy Corey)
- Pilates for Scoliosis (Master Teacher Kathy Corey)
- Pilates for Osteoporosis workshop (Master Teacher Kathy Corey)
- Cadillac workshop (Mary Bowen)
- Centered: psoas as a core muscle (Madeline Black)
- Private training with Blossom Crawford and Brett Howard, New York, USA
- Pre and post-natal workshop (Blossom Crawford, New York, USA)
- CORE Band® Teacher Training Course with Master Teacher Kathy Corey
- Pilates for Breast Cancer Recovery C.A.R.E.S with Master Teacher Kathy Corey
Leave us a message !
11F route de Soral